Almond Butter Easter Eggs
Another simple and yummy, wholefood treat by Jody from Nourish & Move.
Inspired by the ever-popular bliss ball, these vegan-friendly eggs are a perfect Easter treat for sharing with friends and family.
A delicious combination of almond butter, coconut and chocolate, it’s easy to mix up a batch with limited time.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, mix the almond butter, coconut, maple syrup and salt together until well combined.
- Pinch spoonfuls of the mixture together and roll into balls between your palms, before gently shaping them into eggs.
- Place them onto the baking tray and freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler. Be careful not to let any water mix in with the cocoa butter. Once melted, carefully remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the cocoa and syrup and stir until well combined. Leave it for 5-10 minutes to cool and thicken slightly.
- Remove the tray of eggs from the freezer and one at a time, dip the eggs into the chocolate, carefully coating them and then place them back onto the tray (the chocolate should set fairly quickly as the eggs are cold). You can recoat for a thicker chocolate coating after the first layer has hardened.
- Sprinkle the top of each egg with coconut for decoration.
- Place the tray of eggs back into the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to fully set.
- Remove the eggs from the freezer and store in the fridge in an airtight container.