The classic Arrowroot Biscuit is a long time family favourite, with its simply yet delicious taste.
And now you can bake them yourself using natural and certified organic ingredients.
Enjoy this lighten golden treat with a cuppa or use them as the perfect biscuit base for your cakes and slices.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºC). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, arrowroot and baking powder, mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar, using a hand mixer, beat until just smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until well combined and smooth.
- Add flour mixture into butter and beat on low until just combined and it begins to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead for a few seconds until smooth.
- Half the dough and roll one piece out to 1-2cm in thickness.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on lined tray.
- Prick each round with a fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.