Caramelised Maple Pears and Pancakes
Gluten-free pancakes, highlighting our coconut and arrowroot flours.
Topped off with caramelised maple pears. Add some extra syrup for more sweetness!
- 1 cup milk (your choice)
- 4 Tbsp Organic Times Salted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Organic Times Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Arrowroot Flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1-2 Tbsp Organic Times Salted Butter (for frying)
- In a high-speed food processor, add milk, melted butter, eggs and sugar, blend on high until well combined and smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking powder, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into wet mixture and pulse until well blended, thick and smooth. Let batter sit for 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Give batter a few last pulses, it will be thick.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour approx. 1/4 cup pancake batter into pan, spending out into desired size and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small fry pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir through maple syrup and add pears, cut side down. Increase heat to medium-high and fry pears until caramelised and soft, approx. 5-8 minutes.
- Serve pancakes with caramelised pears, drizzle of maple syrup and a dusting of icing sugar
- Caramelised Maple Pears - can prepare this ahead of the pancakes and keep warm until ready