Carob Banana and Almond Smoothie
Swap out the cocoa for carob in your favourite recipes, including this protein rich, and goodness packed – Carob Banana and Almond Smoothie.
Enjoy for brekky, an afternoon pick-me-up or just because it’s delicious! You’ll thank us for it 🙂
This recipe calls for the addition of almond butter. You can buy this from any good supermarket or health food store, but if you have a high-performance blender you can make it yourself.
Check out our other inspiring Carob Recipes.
- 1 Tbsp Organic Times Organic Carob Powder
- 1 Tbsp Organic Times Coconut Flour
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp almond butter (recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 250 ml chilled water
- 400 grams Organic Times Australian Raw Almonds
- In a high-speed blender cup, add all ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend. Keep scraping down the sides to incorporate the almonds.
- Smooth or crunchy – blend until you have a consistency you are happy with. Time will depend on your blender or processor.
- Note *you may have to add a couple tablespoons of a neutral flavoured oil - such as macadamia, avocado or olive oil - to get things going.