Carob Bliss Balls
Bliss balls are a high-fibre and nutritious snack filled with energy boosting ingredients, that are easy to make and can be enjoyed anytime.
Gluten free, refine sugar free and vegan friendly, these deliciously earthy treats will have you rolling up for more.
This recipe calls for the addition of almond butter that can be store bought or whipped up by yourself in a high-performance blender.
Check out our other inspiring Carob Recipes.
- 1 cup (100g) Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 1/3 cup (40g) Organic Times Organic Carob Powder
- 2 Tbsp (20g) Organic Times Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (40g) Organic Times Cocoa Butter Buttons
- 2 Tbsp (30g) maple syrup
- 2 heaped Tbsp (70g) almond butter
- 400 grams Organic Times Australian Raw Almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, carob powder and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add the cacao butter to the bowl and gently melt over a low-medium heat., stirring occasionally.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup, mixing until smooth and well combined. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined and the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon and roll into a smooth ball. Place into your airtight container where they will be stored.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Dust with a little extra carob powder if desired.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up if needed.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend. Keep scraping down the sides to incorporate the almonds.
- Smooth or crunchy – blend until you have a consistency you are happy with. Time will depend on your blender or processor.
- Note *you may have to add a couple tablespoons of a neutral flavoured oil - such as macadamia, avocado or olive oil - to get things going.