Choc Chip ANZAC Biscuits
This Anzac biscuit recipe is based on the traditional with a chocolate twist.
Not too sweet, with just the right amount of chewiness, these little bikkies will add an extra layer of yumminess with the surprise of choc drops in every mouthful.
You can tailor this recipe to your liking – use either dark or milk and add more or less choc drops depending on your taste for chocolatiness.
- 1 cup organic flour
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 140 grams Organic Times Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Organic Times Milk Chocolate Drops (OR)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F, non-fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a saucepan on low heat, place the golden syrup, water and butter.
- In a heatproof bowl place the flour, sugar, oats and coconut.
- Once the butter has melted and is bubbling with the syrup, add your bicarb and stir through thoroughly.
- Tip saucepan contents into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Once mixed, add your choc drops and mix again.
- Shape mixture into walnut- sized balls and pop well-spaced onto the baking tray. Use a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and cool completely before eating.
- These biscuits get harder as they cool and will keep in an air tight container for 4 days.