Chocolate and Zucchini Brownies
“Chocolate & Zucchini?” We hear you say. Yes, and not only are these brownies super yummy and moist, but also a sneaky way to get those extra veggies in!
This brownie recipe is by Foodweb Education – an amazing initiative teaching school child how to grow, harvest and cook their own wholefoods through their garden based Ecological Literacy program.
We are proud to say we sponsor this program by providing them with a range of our organic butter and pantry products for their cooking classes.Using our ingredients, this is a wholesome recipe to get the kids involved with and keep them busy for those wet day programs.
- 2 cups organic self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 50 grams Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup large zucchini (grated)
- 100 grams Organic Times Salted Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- extra Organic Times Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour medium rectangular baking tray approximately 18cm x 27cm in size.
- In a large mixing bowl sift and mix together flour, salt, cocoa and sugar.
- Combine eggs, zucchini, butter and vanilla then blend into dry ingredients.
- Add choc drops into mixture and spread into prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool in the tin
- Cut into approximately 15 squares.
- Dust brownies with icing sugar.
- To make vegan friendly substitute eggs for 2 soft bananas and substitute butter for 1/2 cup vegetable oil.