We get so excited when we see our organic pantry staples used to make wonderful food creations, just like these tasty Chocolate Barfi by Rachna @ indianvegcookclass.
Rachna is a talented recipe developer and food blogger with a passion for quality ingredients and sharing her delicious food with everyone. She especially loves our organic Cocoa Powder and Pink Almonds.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk, Organic Times Full Cream Milk Powder and sugar. Mix well removing all lumps.
- In a non-stick pan, on low heat, add mixture stirring continuously.
- Add the melted Organic Times Ghee to the pan and keep stirring until mixture comes together, forming a dough consistency (approx. 10 minutes).
- Take off the heat once the dough begins to separate from the sides of the pan. Ensure not to overcook dough as this will make the barfi (some call it burfi) chewy.
- Transfer half of the prepared dough into a medium sized rectangle baking dish, lined with baking paper. Level the dough by spreading to all edges of the dish to create the first layer of the burfi. Leave to set at room temperature.
- Add Organic Times Cocoa Powder to remaining dough and mix in well.
- Add cocoa dough to the baking dish creating a second layer over the already set first layer. Top with chopped Organic Times Raw Almonds (optional) and press slightly.
- Allow to set for 2 hours, or till it sets completely, on the kitchen bench.
- Cut in pieces ready to serve. Can be stored in airtight container in the fridge.