Classic Chocolate Brownies
By popular demand, here is the recipe for Sam’s @ Wholesome Patisserie Chocolate Brownies, recently baked for The Sweet Expo in Melbourne for tastings.
This simple yet classic recipe really allowed us to showcase many of our premium ingredients including our organic cocoa powder, dark choc drops and rapadura sugar.
- 125 grams Organic Times Salted Butter
- 125 grams Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 3 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp Organic Times Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 20cm (9” x 9”) square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, gently melt together butter and chocolate drops, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat and quickly stir through whisked egg, both sugars, flour, cocoa, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when touched or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into squares and dust over icing sugar.