A light and easy dessert that is a crowd pleaser! Chocolate Custard served with almonds and fresh fruit.
Organic Times Milk Choc Drops are so smooth & creamy, they are perfect for baking, decorating and melting.
Organic Times Rapadura Sugar is unrefined whole cane sugar made from just evaporated cane juice. It has a rich caramel flavour that goes well in desserts, chai or coffee.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a bowl until combined.
- Combine milk, cream and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Cook and keep stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Then remove from heat.
- Gradually pour hot milk mixture over egg yolk mixture, whisking continuously.
- Return mixture to saucepan and add chocolate drops.
- On low heat, cook and keep stirring for 10 minutes or until custard starts to bubble and coats the back of the spatula (do not allow custard to boil).
- Serve chilled with almonds and fresh raspberries and blueberries.