Chocolate Mousse Cake
A big milestone Birthday beckons a seriously good Birthday cake! And what better celebration cake is there, than the ultimate Chocolate Mousse Cake.
This cake will take you on a decadent journey of taste and texture, with 3 separate layers of delicious chocolatey goodness.
Time, patience and the best Organic Times ingredients, are what’s needed to master this recipe, however the rewards will be plentiful with every delightful spoonful. Full, Full, Full!
- 100 grams plain all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 60 grams Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 50 grams Organic Times Salted Butter (cubed)
- 100 grams Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 60 ml hot water
- 500 grams Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 3 cups (750ml) thickened cream
- 200 grams Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp liquid glucose
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºC). Line the base of a 22cm round springform cake tin with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and cocoa. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Create a double boiler with a heatproof bowl over low-medium heat. In the bowl, add chocolate, butter, sugar and water. Melt until completely smooth whilst stirring. Remove from heat.
- Fold through flour/cocoa mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into lined cake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool completely in tin.
- Create a double boiler with a large heatproof bowl over low-medium heat. In the bowl, add chocolate drops and melt until completely smooth whilst stirring.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, pour in cream. Using electric beaters, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Dollop a third of the cream into the melted chocolate. Gently folding through until just combined.
- Dollop another third of the cream and fold through. Repeat with remaining cream until well combined with the chocolate.
- Spoon mousse over the top of the cooled cake base. Spreading out smoothly.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to chill and set.
- In a small pot over low heat, combine chocolate drops, cream and glucose.
- Stirring until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour over chilled mousse layer.
- Refrigerate for a further 1 hour or until chocolate glaze is set.
- Gently remove from pan and cut into slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.