Chocolate Self-saucing Pudding
Celebrate Chocolate Pudding Day with our quick and easy self-saucing recipe by Sam @Wholesome Patisserie.
Enjoy it curled up on the couch on a cold and wintry day or impress your guests at a your next dinner party.
Don’t you just love the simple science of a self-saucing pudding!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 50 grams Organic Times Salted Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Grease 2 large or 4 small-medium ramekins with butter. Place ramekins in a large baking tray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, cocoa (cacao) and salt together.
- Add sugar, mix well.
- Stir in melted butter, milk and vanilla, until well combined and smooth.
- Evenly spoon batter into greased ramekins. Filling them half way up.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar and cacao.
- Sprinkle mixture over top of the batter, approx. 2 tablespoons per ramekin.
- Gently pour hot water over batter into each ramekin. Just covering the batter.
- Carefully place tray with ramekins in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cracks appear on top and the puddings are slightly wobbly.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes.
- To serve: sprinkle a dusting of icing sugar or extra cacao powder and top with ice-cream for super yuminess.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover with foil, refrigerated, for 2-3 days.