These 6-ingredient flatbreads will change your life!
They are super versatile and can be used as tortillas, wraps or crepes; not to mention they are the perfect way to scoop up your favourite curry!
Another nutritious creation by [email protected]&FlourishSyd.
Vegan, gluten-free, paleo.
- 1.5 tbsp psyllium husk powder OR (2 tbsp psyllium husk)
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Coconut Flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl mix together psyllium husk powder, coconut flour and baking soda until there are no lumps.
- Add in warm water and oil. Mix with a spatula then use your hands to knead the dough. Sprinkle salt and knead for about 1 minute.
- The dough should be soft and a bit moist, and it shouldn’t stick to your hands. Add more psyllium husk powder in that case if the dough becomes too sticky. Then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each piece into a small ball. Place the dough ball between two sheets of baking paper and roll with a rolling pin, to about 20cm in diameter.
- Peel the first layer of baking paper and form a round shape with a round plate by cutting out the excessed dough. Repeat the step and the excess can be rolled together to form another 2 dough balls.
- On a non-stick pan on low heat brush evenly 1 tsp of olive oil, then flip over the flatbread and peel off the baking paper carefully. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze up to a month. To store these in the freezer, wrap the flatbreads individually with cling wraps or baking paper. Then place them into a freezer-safe zip bag or glass container.