Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
These brownies are decadent beyond compare. Every bite encompasses the yin and yang of food as the richness of the dark chocolate fudge is offset by an explosion of raspberry puree.
This brownie emphasises a perfect partnership on every front, with a delicate balance of sweet and sour, the moist inner fudge and crispy top layer, and the rosy red blossoming within the deepest brown in each and every slice.
To top it all off, this recipe is incredibly simple, and doesn’t take too long to bake at all. These brownies are luxurious and simple.
Chocolate and raspberry – a match made in heaven.
- 115 grams Organic Times Salted Butter
- 320 grams Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 80 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 90 grams Organic Times Milk Chocolate Drops
- 2 cups raspberries
- Organic Times Icing Sugar (dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 170° celsius.
- Grease a 27cm x 18cm brownie pan with butter or oil spray and line with baking paper.
- Melt butter and 230g dark chocolate drops in a bowl over boiling water or in a heatproof bowl in a microwave and stir until combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, add caster and rapadura sugars, the eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add butter and chocolate mixture, then sift over flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and combine.
- Add remaining dark chocolate drops, milk chocolate drops and raspberries and gently fold through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crusty on top and moist in the centre.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan and placing on a wire rack.
- Once cooled completely, dust with icing sugar and cut brownies into 32 squares.
- Serving suggestions: extra raspberries, cream, ice-cream.
- You can use either fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can even freeze these for up to a month. Wrap well.