Festive Chocolate Madeleines
You’ll need a madeleine pan and our premium pantry ingredients to make these decadent mini cakes. So rich and morish!
Using our indulgent Dutch-process cocoa powder, these are light on the inside with a slight crisp edging on the outside.
Dipped in our melted dark choc drops and sprinkled with crushed candy canes, these madeleines are a wonderful way to celebrate the festive season.
- 1 cup (150g) plain all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp (15g) Organic Times Baking Powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (130g) Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 110g Organic Times Salted Butter (melted, then cooled slightly)
- 100g Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops (melted, then cooled slightly)
- 12-hole non-stick madeleine pan
- 2 Tbsp Organic Times Salted Butter (melted)
- 1-2 Tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar. Using a hand whisk, whisk vigorously for 2 minutes until pale yellow.
- Add half the flour mixture into the whisked eggs, gently folding with a spatula until just combined. Add remaining flour and fold until just combined.
- Pour in melted butter and melted chocolate. Gently fold through until well combined, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Take a pastry brush and lightly brush a little of the melted butter into each madeleine well.
- Add 1 tablespoon cocoa into a small fine mesh sieve or mesh tea ball.
- Lightly dust a layer of cocoa into each madeleine well.
- Turn pan over and into the kitchen sink, tap the side of the pan a few times to remove any excess flour. Pan is ready.
- Remove batter from refrigerator.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the middle of each madeleine well. Leaving the batter untouched, it will spread out into the wells during baking.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until madeleines spring back when lightly pressed in the middle.
- Remove and cool in pan for 2 minutes.
- Take pan and onto a clean bench, lightly tap side of pan on the bench and the madeleines should fall out by themselves. Alternatively, remove each from pan using your hands.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You will need to repeat the above method of preparing your madeleine pan as there is enough batter to make 24!
- Once madeleines have cooled, dip each half in the melted dark chocolate. Place back on cooling rack.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on the wet chocolate half. Allow chocolate to completely set.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-4 days.
- Best enjoyed freshly baked!