Fiona’s Corn Fritters
Sharing recipes with family and friends is one of the many reasons we love sharing recipes with you. These tasty corn fritters come courtesy of Fiona, friend and long-time supporter of OT.
Take advantage of the summer harvest and serve up Fiona’s Corn Fritters this Australia Day long weekend. Ripe and ready for the picking, corn will be at its sweetest and juiciest this time of year.
Make them with our organic baking powder and grass-fed butter and you’ll be on to a winner for sure.
- 3 fresh corn cobs (preferably organic to ensure they are GMO free)
- 125 grams plain all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt flakes
- 4 spring onion stalks (diced)
- small handful fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 3 small eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1-2 tbsp Organic Times Salted Butter
- Remove corn from husks into a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the butter. Mix until well combined and thick. (if batter is too runny, add a little more flour)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick fry pan over high heat.
- Once pan is hot, spoon approx. 3 heaped tablespoons of batter into the hot butter. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with remaining mixture. Add more butter when needed.
- Serve fritters with mayonnaise or any desired dipping sauce.