Flourless Christmas Chocolate Torta
This delicious flourless nutty chocolate cake is incredibly rich and moist, drizzled with a fudgy chocolate ganache, it’s perfect for entertaining or special celebrations. Topped with our choc-coated Aussie macadamias for a delicious crunch.
- 50g Organic Times Organic Australian Macadamia Nuts
- 200g Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 250g Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 200g Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 200g Organic Times Salted Butter
- 200ml fresh cream
- 120g Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line the base and sides of a 20cm round spring-form tin with baking paper.
- Place macadamias into a small bowl of a food processor and process until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl, add the almond meal and mix.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring – do not lot let the water touch the bowl. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar until pale and doubled in size. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate mixture into the bowl with the almond meal and processed macadamias. Mix gently with a spoon until combined. Pour the mixture into the beaten yolk and sugar and mix until combined. Add the beaten egg whites and fold them gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely (you can leave it overnight, covered with a clean kitchen towel).
- To make the ganache, pour cream into a small saucepan and heat over high heat until just boiling. Remove from heat and add the chocolate drops. Stir gently until all the chocolate is melted and the ganache smooth and shiny.
- Transfer cake to a serving plate and pour the ganache over the cake top. Decorate the top with whole and halved chocolate-coated macadamias.
- Store leftover cake in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.