Fruit & Nut Granola
Our friend and fabulous recipe developer Sam from Wholesomepatisserie truly loves a good homemade granola, because of the many ways granola can be made, shared and enjoyed.
Here is an amazing variation that Sam has shared with us that’s filled with delicious fruit and mixed nuts and infused with honey and melted butter.
Enjoy for breakfast served with your favourite yoghurt and fresh berries. It’s also wonderful as a bowl of cereal with your choice of milk!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Organic Australian Macadamia Nuts (or raw cashews)
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Organic Australian Raw Almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Organic Maple Syrup (or honey)
- 50 grams Organic Times Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Organic Dried Apricots (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Organic Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Organic Dried Sultanas
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, cashews, almonds and cinnamon. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- In a small pot, pour in honey and add butter. Place over a low-medium heat and mix until butter has completely melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour honey and butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix until well combined and everything is coated.
- Transfer granola onto lined tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toasted and lightly golden. Do not stir granola during or after baking, otherwise you won’t get any chunks!
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely on tray.
- Once cooled, sprinkle over dried cranberries, sultanas and chopped apricots. Mix through granola.
- Serve with milk or yoghurt and fresh berries.