Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Spiced and aromatic just like the original, this gluten free carrot cake is delicious and moreish!
Dense from the coconut flour and arrowroot flour which just add to its rich flavour!
Another nourishing and delightful recipe by our good friend Shelley Good Eats.
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups approx. 3-4 medium carrots (grated)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 160C and Line a loaf dish with baking paper.
- Combine Rapadura sugar and rice bran oil in a bowl and beat with electric beaters for 1 minute.
- Then add in eggs and vanilla. Beat on high for 5 minutes until light in colour and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat together on lowest setting of electric beaters.
- Finally stir through carrot and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf dish. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool in loaf dish for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire tray and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing. Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl.
- Add in icing sugar ½ cup at a time until if forms a nice thick icing.
- Spread over cooled carrot cake loaf and then sprinkle with walnuts.