Gluten Free Spiced Apple + Almond Cake
This Gluten-free Apple Cake by Sam @wholesomepatisserie is made with fresh Pink Lady apples and our premium pantry ingredients, including our Almond Meal, this cake is gluten-free and 100% wholesome goodness.
Get some Pink Ladiy Apples before they are out of season!
- 4 large eggs (room temperature )
- 2/3 cup Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- one small-medium lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Salted Butter (melted )
- 2 cups Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 1 cup Kialla Pure Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Planet Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Planet Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Planet Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 2 medium-large Pink Lady apples (grated)
- 1-2 Pink Lady apples (thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp Planet Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 9-inch round cake tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached or a large mixing bowl using a hand beater, add eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes or until pale and thick.
- Add lemon zest and melted butter, beat until just combined.
- Add almond meal and sift over flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Gently fold until well combined, ensuring not to over-mix. Fold through grated apple.
- Pour batter into lined cake tin.
- Arrange apple slices on top of cake and sprinkle over extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes for until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or pantry for 2 – 3 days.