Healthy Ginger Molasses Cookies
Holiday season is around the corner and it’s time for some holiday baking! These molasses cookies are a healthy take on the traditional Ginger Cookies.
They are paleo-friendly, vegan and high in fibre without compromising the taste and texture – Soft, chewy, and irresistibly delicious.
Blackstrap molasses work wonderfully in this recipe as it brings out the gingery flavour and creates such an amazing caramelised taste!
Super easy recipe – just mix the dry and wet ingredients together, roll into balls, flatten and get baking!
This recipe by Candy@nourishandflourishsyd is also vegan, gluten-free, paleo friendly.
- 1 cup Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 3/4 cup oat bran (or 1 cup oat flour)
- 1 tsp Organic Times Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1-2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together then set aside
- In another bowl cream together the wet ingredients with a fork
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well with a spatula until a dough forms. Scrape down the sides as you go
- Roll 1.5 Tbsp of dough into a ball at a time. Sprinkle with sea salt (optional) then bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies become fluffy and cracks are formed
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days at room temperature.