Homemade Barbecue Sauce
This Australia Day, rather than serving store bought barbecue sauce, consider making a home-made sauce with ingredients found close to the source!
Dancing with flavours of sweet, sour and spice, it will be perfect on a tasty steak, veggie burger or even better, added to your favourite wood-oven pizza.
This delicious sauce will entice all your guests – carnivores and vegetarians alike!
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tbsp Organic Times Salted Butter
- 1/2 tbsp french mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Organic Times Coconut Flour
- Combine all ingredients except coconut flour into a medium sized pot over low heat, mix well.
- Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, constantly whisking until mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to a simmer once it has reached boiling point, stir through coconut flour, mix well.
- Once sauce has thickened, turn off heat and slightly cool.
- Pour sauce into clean glass jars or mason jars, cool completely with lids off.
- Store in the refrigerator or pantry.