Salted Caramel Tarts
You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t like salted caramel.
These melt in the mouth Salted Caramel Tarts by Sam @Wholesome Patisserie have a soft pastry base made from almond meal and are baked to perfection. Filled with a decadent, rich, thick velvety smooth salted caramel sauce.
They are easy to make with the tart shells all prepared in the food processor along with a simple to make caramel sauce which tastes equally amazing!
- 1 3/4 cups Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Organic Rapadura Sugar
- pinch salt
- 40 grams Organic Times Unsalted Butter
- 1 egg white
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Lightly grease a mini cupcake pan with butter or oil.
- In a high-speed food processor, add all tart shell ingredients.
- Process on high until all ingredients are well combined, resembling dough.
- Pick up a small amount of mixture, approx. 1 teaspoon and mold it into each mini cupcake hole. Press mixture down and mold into each hole. Ensuring sides and base are covered evenly.
- Place shells into freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove shells from freezer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt together sugar, butter and cream over medium heat.
- Once completely melted, bring to the boil.
- Boil mixture for 1 minute, whilst stirring.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Whip mixture for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Attach a small round nozzle to a piping bag.
- Fill up bag with caramel sauce.
- Pipe sauce into tart shells, filling them to the top.
- Alternatively, spoon sauce into tart shells.
- Add a pinch of salt on top of each tart.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Best assembled and served on the day.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry for 3-4 days.
- You can prepare the tart shells and the salted caramel sauce the day before and assemble them when you need them.
- When molding each tart shell dough into pan, ensure to leave no holes otherwise the shells will crack when baked and will be difficult to remove.