Sunflower Seed Crackers
Simple, wholesome, crunchy, nutritious & delicious!
These crackers are the perfect addition for any Summer picnic or cheeseboard.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Arrowroot Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 1/4 cup L.S.A or ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried all-purpose herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Organic Sunflower Kernels
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Organic Times Unsalted Butter (melted )
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface such as a large wooden board or your kitchen bench.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in water and melted butter. Mix the liquid into the flour with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Using your hands, work mixture into a dough.
- Turn dough out onto prepared floured surface or board. Lightly knead the dough until it all comes together and is smooth.
- Gently roll dough out with a rolling pin, approx. 1/4” thick or to your desired thickness.
- Take a small round serrated edge cookie cutter and cut out shapes to create crackers. Place crackers onto prepared tray. Take any excess trims and form back into a dough, repeat the same above process to create more crackers.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crackers are golden and crispy.
- Remove and cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Letting them cool completely will allow the crackers to create that “crunch” texture of a cracker.
- If you would like your crackers quite thin, roll dough out as thin as possible. Just be sure to have enough flour on your surface so it’s easy for the dough to come off of the board.
- Serve on a cheeseboard or with desired dips and toppings.
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-5 days.